Nokian Hakkapeliitta 8 (studded)
Designed with 50% more studs than its predecessor while still quieter and less damaging to the road, the Hakkapeliitta 8 features a host of winter technologies including a saw-tooth edged pattern on the rear part of the tread blocks which improves the grip of the tire. The added structural reinforcement on the center section makes the tire more responsive to steering. Combining the anchor stud, flange design and the Eco Stud cushion with revolutionary stud placement ensures supreme grip and soft stud contact on all driving surfaces.
WARNING: Due to the unique handling properties of winter tires, we only recommend installing them in complete sets.
- The Nokian Hakkapeliitta 8 is a high-end studded winter radial, suited for drivers who do not want to compromise on winter safety.
- The directional tread pattern features locking 3D sipes which stabilize the block elements on road contact for improved cornering performance.
- Nokian's Eco Stud 8 technology combines two different shaped studs and a cushion that dampens road contact to reduce road wear and ensure a quiet ride.
- A tough rubber compound below the surface compoundfirmly locks the studs in the tread blocks, stabilizes driving on dry roads, and ensures an even wear pattern.
- Driving Safety Indicators and Winter Safety Indicators embedded in the tread provide a way to visually check tread depth and indicate when the tire is no longer safe for winter driving.
- The diagonal 3D support sipes at the center of the tread provide additional stiffness, improving steering response and handling on bare pavement.
- A saw-toothed pattern on the rear edges of the shoulder tread blocks helps to increase braking performance, particularly on snow.
- The Cryo-Silane formulated compound provides wear resistance and excellent wet grip while remaining flexible in freezing temperatures.
- Available with run-flat technology (RFT) on select sizes, where noted.
- The Nokian Hakkapeliitta 8 is rated with Severe Service Emblem and exceeds the government standard for tire performance in harsh winter conditions.
- V, H and T speed rated sizes available.
- The Nokian Hakkapeliitta 8 is available for 13 through 21 inch wheel sizes and30 through 75 series profiles.